- Attorney - Civil law
- California Bar #059650
- Licensed since 1974
- Engaged in civil litigation (both plaintiff and defendant) in the areas of real estate (particularly landlord/tenant matters), construction, business disputes, partnership dissolutions and other business related disputes.
- Involved in ERISA litigation, primarily concerning health benefits for insured and self insured plans and trusts.
- Landlord tenant experience includes handling of unlawful detainers and complaints for rent in both residential and commercial settings and includes the negotiation of leases and litigation of commercial matters.
- Handle bankruptcy landlord tenant matters including obtaining reliefs from stay.
- Advised plans and trusts regarding health coverages, subrogation claims and the handling of health claims.
- Admitted to the California Bar, 1974
- U.S. Districts Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of California, District Court for Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court, 1976
- State Bar of California and Real Estate Subsection
- Fresno County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Publications and Teaching:
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1970.
- Hastings College of Law, University of California, J.D., 1973.
- Co-Author: "California Rental Housing Reference Book," California Apartment Association.
- Lecturer: California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB - landlord tenant law).
- Lecturer: Continuing Education for Real Estate Licensees in the area of property management rules procedures and law in the area of fair housing law.
- Articles: see Articles section of this site
- Proud Member of East Fresno Rotary
- Commissioner, Fresno City Housing Authority 1989 - April 2010
- Member of the Fresno Advisory Committee of the California Apartment Association
- Past President of the Fresno Rental Housing Association
William H. Leifer, Esq.
Gilmore Magness Leifer
10 River Park Place East, Suite 240
Fresno, CA 93720-1534
Phone: (559) 448-9800, ext. 108
Fax: (559) 448-9899
© William H. Leifer 2002 - 2015 all rights reserved
William H. Leifer, Attorney at Law, is licensed to practice law in the state of California. All information given by Mr. Leifer through his Internet web pages or through e-mail communication is not privileged or confidential, nor is it legal advice. Please consult your own attorney or tax professional before proceeding with anything mentioned on these pages or in any e-mail communication, or hire Mr. Leifer to advise you and represent your interests as no attorney-client relationship is created by any sending or receipt of electronic mail. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.